What You Need To Do
Make a claim for new style JSA and attend a phone interview with your local Jobcentre Plus office.
Keep to your agreement to look for work. This agreement is called a Claimant Commitment and you will create it at your phone interview.
Your JSA payments will be stopped if you do not keep to your agreement to look for work and cannot give a good reason.
Check if youre eligible for Universal Credit. If you are, you could get Universal Credit at the same time or instead of new style JSA.
Recommended Reading: Making Money While Unemployed
Where To File When You Worked In A Different State
If you live in one state and worked in another, or if you have moved, you should generally file your unemployment claim with the state where you worked.
If you worked in a state other than the one where you live or if you worked in multiple states, the state unemployment office where you now live can provide information about how to file your claim with other states.
How To Get Cobra
Group health plans must give covered employees and their families a notice explaining their COBRA rights. Plans must have rules for how COBRA coverage is offered, how beneficiaries may choose to get it and when they can stop coverage. For more COBRA information, see COBRA Premium Subsidy. The page links to information about COBRA including:
You May Like: Unemployment Office Contact
How To Use Ui Online
Now that you have your Benefit Programs Online and UI Online accounts set up, you can use UI Online to:
- File a claim.
- Certify for benefits and report work and wages.
- Monitor the status of eligibility issues.
- Get your latest claim and payment information.
- Change your address and phone number.
- Verify your identity.
- Receive notifications including reminders to certify for benefits.
- View in-person and phone appointments.
- Reschedule a phone interview.
- View, print, or request a copy of your tax information from the past five years.
- Check your UI Online inbox for important messages.
- Ask a question.
You can apply through UI Online during the times listed below:When you can apply with UI Online
|Days of the Week|
|Saturday||2 a.m. 8 p.m.|
Note: Whether you select UI Online or UI Online Mobile you will be directed to the full UI Online site and have access to all online features.
UI Online Help
Once you are logged in to UI Online, you can select the question mark icon or choose the Help link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Technical Support for UI Online Account
Call EDD Technical Support for help with account set up or login issues. You can call 1-833-978-2511 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. , seven days per week, except on state holidays.
Protect the Security of Your Account
Browser Compatibility and Pop-up Blockers
Get Your Information In Order
Be sure to provide all employment information accurately and completely.
- Check for spelling and be precise about your employer names.
- Confirm your Social Security number and California Driverâs License or ID number.
- Check that everything provided matches how you have it on your submitted tax forms.
Don’t Miss: File For Unemployment In Pennsylvania
How To Collect Unemployment
This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.There are 14 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. This article has been viewed 288,111 times.Learn more…
Losing a job might stress your finances, but the government provides unemployment benefits to cushion the blow. You can apply for unemployment by contacting your states unemployment office and providing requested information. If approved, you will need to request benefits every week that you are unemployed. As of 2017, unemployment benefits in most states last for a maximum of 26 weeks.XResearch source
S To Create An Online Account
IMPORTANT: USE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT.
1. Click on Create an Online Account on the DES homepage, des.nc.gov.
2. Enter your Social Security Number twice.
3. Select Next. On the User Account Creation page:
- Create a User Name .
- Enter your contact phone number.
- Create a Password .
4.Select Create Account.
5.You can now Sign In at des.nc.gov. Use the User Name and Password you entered when creating your Online Account in Step 3.
Creating an Online Account for Claimants
Read Also: Apply For Unemployment Ms
Recommended Reading: Making Money While Unemployed
How To Claim Uif Online Step By Step Guide: Unemployment Insurance Fund Online
You can claim unemployment benefits online through the uFiling, a free online service which completely replaces the manual declaration of monthly UIF returns and contributions.
Employers are required to provide the UIF with details of all their employees every month, by not later than the 7th of every month, as defined by the Unemployment Insurance Act 63, 2001, which excludes non-natural persons and independent contractors. These details are added to the UIF Employee Database in order to maintain a record of each employees employment history, which will form the basis for the payment of benefits in terms of section 57 of the Unemployment Insurance Act 63, 2001.
To claim Unemployment Insurance Fund Online please follow the step by step guide below
Individuals can apply online for the following UIF benefits on the uFiling website:
- Unemployment Benefits
- Illness Benefits
- Adoption Benefits
In order to use the uFiling website and services, you need to complete a registration process to obtainyour own unique login name and password. More details on how to register on uFiling website are available here
Step 1: Click on Benefit Application and Payments on the left, and then click on Apply for Benefits.
Step 2: Select which type of Benefit you want to apply for, and click on Apply in the bottom right corner.
Step 3: You must accept the terms and conditions to proceed: check the tick box and click on Next.
Step 8: The processes to apply for other Benefit types are the same:
Dole Certification With The Attached Notice Of Termination Or Affidavit Of Termination Of Employment
All qualified employees who want to avail of the SSS unemployment insurance/benefits are required to secure a DOLE certification establishing the nature and date of the involuntary separation.
To apply for the DOLE certification, you need the following:
- At least one valid ID . However, most DOLE offices require an original copy and photocopy of 2 valid IDs so make sure you bring an additional ID on the day of your application and
- Either a copy of Notice of Termination of Employment issued by the employer or a duly notarized Affidavit of Termination of Employment . The second one is preferred in case your relationship with the employer didnt end in good terms and theres no way for you to obtain the Notice of Termination of Employment. You need to bring an original copy and photocopy of the document.
- Certification Form .
Once you already have the above requirements, proceed to the following office to file your application for DOLE certification:
- For local employees and kasambahays: DOLE Field or Provincial Office where the company of the employer is located or where the employee resides.
- For OFWs: Philippine Overseas Labor Office where the employer operates or the DOLE Field/Provincial Office where the OFW resides.
As long as the documentary requirements youve submitted are complete, expect the DOLE Office or POLO to issue you the DOLE certification within one day after receiving and verifying your application.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Apply For Unemployment In Tennessee
Register For Ui Online
To create your UI Online account, you must be logged in to Benefit Programs Online. Once you are logged in, select UI Online and provide the following information:
- First and last name as it appears on your claim
- Date of birth
Important: Your EDD Customer Account Number is automatically mailed to new customers within 10 days of filing a claim. If you have lost your EDD Customer Account Number, call us at 1-800-300-5616 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. , seven days per week, except on state holidays.
Work Search Requirement Reinstated
On Sunday, July 4, Maryland LABOR reinstated the standard active search for work requirement for all claimants receiving regular unemployment insurance benefits. Claimants receiving benefits under the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance and Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation federal programs must meet the active search for work requirement beginning Sunday, July 18, 2021.
All claimants must actively search for work by completing at least three valid reemployment activities each week, which must include at least one job contact. Claimants must satisfy the active search for work requirement to maintain their eligibility for UI benefits.
Valid reemployment activities are intended to help a claimant become reemployed and remove potential barriers to employment. Qualifying activities include, but are not limited to: activities completed through the Maryland Workforce Exchange , such as setting up a virtual recruiter or completing a skills self-assessment attending networking events creating a rÃ©sumÃ© in MWE and attending employment events held by the Maryland Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning . For a full list, see .
Job contacts refer to actions a claimant takes to contact employers in an attempt to secure employment. Acceptable job contacts include: submitting a job application to an employer interviewing for a job or completing a pre-screening for a job interview among other actions.
Read Also: Apply For Unemployment In Tn
Information You Need To Apply
You will need:
- Your last employers business name, address and phone number
- First and last dates you worked for your last employer. If you worked for your last employer on more than one occasion, provide the most recent employment dates.
- Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked the week you apply for benefits
- Information about the normal wage for the job you are seeking
- Alien Registration number
You May Like: Njuifile Unemployment Extension
Your Unemployment Benefit Services Password
When you sign up for online services, you will select a User ID and password. Your password protects your identity and privacy. It has the same legal authority as your signature on a paper document. Do not give your password to anyone, not even to a family member or TWC employee. You are responsible for any payment request made using your User ID and password.
If you have a User ID and password from WorkInTexas.com, use that User ID and password to logon to Unemployment Benefit Services. For more about the password requirements, go to Managing Your Benefits Password & PIN.
You May Like: Va Disability Unemployable
Recommended Reading: How To Apply For Unemployment In Missouri
Questions You May Be Asked
- You may be asked whether you want taxes withheld from your unemployment check.
- You may also be asked if youre owed any vacation or holiday pay.
- The unemployment office will want to know the reason you left the job. Primary criteria for unemployment eligibility features being out of work because of no fault of your own.
If you quit or if there are questions about your termination, the application process may be more complicated. However, if your claim is denied, there is an appeals process.
Colleen Tighe / The Balance
Make A Payment On Your Overpayment
An overpayment is caused when TWC pays you unemployment benefits that you are later found not eligible to receive. Overpayments stay on your record until they are repaid. We cannot pay you benefits if you have an overpayment.
You can now repay your overpayment online by e-check:
- Log on to Unemployment Benefits Services
- Select Make a Payment on Your Overpayment from the Quick Links menu and select the www.repay.twc.texas.gov link
- Log in with your UBS user ID and password
- Select the Bank Account payment method
- Enter the payment amount and review payment summary
- Complete the Customer Information and Payment Information
- Submit payment
- Print the Payment Receipt Confirmation for your records
There is no service fee for submitting your payment online using e-check.
Recommended Reading: Unemployment Benefits Tennessee Eligibility
How To Apply For Unemployment Benefits
The best and fastest way to apply is online. You can apply by phone, but wait times can be very long. At this time, you cannot apply in person. The steps below will guide you through the process.
Get ready to apply
Reasonable accommodation.Information on reasonable accommodation is available for unemployment benefits customers with disabilities.
Also Check: How To Sign Up For Unemployment In Tn
Im On Floating Or Furlough Status Can I Avail Of The Sss Unemployment Benefits
No. Technically, furloughed employees are still employees. They may be temporarily off the payroll but they retain their employment rights and can still enjoy some of the company benefits. They are different from laid-off workers who are technically not employees of the company anymore.
Since furloughed employees are still considered employed, they cant be issued the required termination contract and DOLE certificate necessary to be qualified for the SSS unemployment benefits.
Don’t Miss: Can You Refinance If Unemployed
Other Types Of Benefits And Programs For The Unemployed
Federal agencies offer many unemployment education and training programs. They are generally free or low cost to the unemployed.
Self-employment assistance programs help unemployed workers start their own small businesses. Delaware, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, and Oregon offer this program.
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Insurance Programs
Overview of Programs
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Provides benefits for claimants who are ineligible for regular UI and unemployed due to a COVID-19 related reason. This includes gig workers, independent contractors, the self-employed, and those with insufficient work history.
- Per new USDOL guidelines, eligibility for PUA has been expanded to include:
- Individuals who were denied unemployment benefits because they refused to return to work or refused an offer of work at a worksite that, in either rinstance, is not in compliance with local, state, or national health and safety standards directly related to COVID-19
- Individuals who provide services to an educational institution or educational service agency and are unemployed or partially unemployed because of volatility in the work schedule that is directly caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency and
- Individuals experiencing a reduction of hours or a temporary or permanent layoff as a direct result of the Covid-19 public health emergency.
- Claimants are required to provide proof of their employment in order to be eligible for PUA.
- All PUA claimants will receive an action item in their BEACON portals. Learn more about the proof of employment requirement.
- The last payable week for the PUA program was the week ending Saturday, September 4, 2021.
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation
Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation Program
Don’t Miss: Tennessee Unemployment Qualifications
Protect Yourself From Scams
IWD does not ask for unemployment insurance overpayments to be paid by credit card or gift cards. Individuals who have received an unemployment insurance overpayment will be notified by mail delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.
In addition, IWD does not request sensitive account information through email communications. Individuals filing for unemployment insurance benefits will receive pertinent information regarding their account through the U.S. Postal Service.
Information Required When Filing For Unemployment Insurance Benefits
The following information is needed when filing for UI benefits:
- social security number
- name, payroll address and telephone number of your last employer
- start and end dates of your last job
- whether or not you will receive vacation pay, severance, etc.
- alien registration number
- DD-214 if you served in the U.S. military during the last 18 months
- Verifying your identity by answering security questions
- Standard Form 8 if you worked for the federal government in the last 18 months
- name, date of birth, and social security number of any dependents that are claimed as exemptions on your federal income tax return
- Spouses may be claimed as a dependent if their gross wages were $120.00 or less in the week prior to filing your claim.
- Self-employment does not count as gross wages for dependent purposes.
Read Also: Www Njuifile Net Extension
If Youre Moving To Universal Credit From Income
If your income-based JSA claim is ending because youre making a new claim for Universal Credit, youll automatically continue to get the amount of JSA you currently receive, as long as youre still eligible. Youll normally get this for 2 weeks, starting from the date of your new claim.
The Department for Work and Pensions will write to you telling you how this works.
You do not need to pay this money back, and it will not affect the amount of Universal Credit you get.
Transition To Direct Deposit/paper Check Benefit Payments
Note: The deadline for claimants to use their debit cards is extended to Tuesday, February 1, 2022. To access funds after February 1, 2022, claimants should call the Bank of America Service Center at 855-847-2029.
- May 24, 2021
- Beginning Monday, May 24, 2021, all unemployment insurance benefit payments will be made by either direct deposit or paper check to eligible claimants who have made their selection in BEACON.
- If claimants have been issued a Bank of America UI Benefits Debit Card and cannot locate that card, they must contact the Bank of America Customer Service Center at 855-847-2029 to order a replacement by Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Replacement cards will not be issued after this date.
- On Tuesday, February 1, 2022, Bank of America UI debit cards will be deactivated. If claimants have a balance on their debit cards after that date, they can contact the Bank of America Service Center at 855-847-2029 to access those funds in a different way.
Select Your Preferred Payment Method
You May Like: File For Unemployment In Tn