When Do I File My First Weekly Claim For Payment In Kansas
You can file your first weekly claim beginning the Sunday afternoon after filing your unemployment application in the previous week.
For example, if you filed your application on Tuesday you can file for your first week of unemployment beginning on the following Sunday.
You may file weekly claims on the Internet or telephone. You must file each week to be eligible for your weekly payment.
Do Not Return Your Card To Twc Or Us Bank
TWC cannot use or access your ReliaCard account for any reason. Do not give your card to Workforce Solutions or TWC staff, and do not return your card to U.S. Bank for any reason. If you want to use the funds on your card to repay an overpayment, you must withdraw cash from your card account and send a check or money order to TWC.
Even if you are no longer receiving benefits and/or have no balance on your card, your card is still considered valid until the expiration date listed on the front, so keep your card. If you re-qualify for unemployment benefits before the card expiration date, U.S. Bank will reactivate your card. Do not destroy your card until after the expiration date. Do not send your card to TWC or U.S. Bank for any reason.
Using Your Dua Debit Mastercard
After you receive your DUA Debit MasterCard®, you must activate it immediately by doing the following:
- Visit the online activation page. Your initial username for online activation is the last 6 digits of your DUA debit card number.
- When prompted, create a 4 digit Personal Identification Number to use at ATMs
- Sign the back of your card as soon as you activate it
- Your debit card is valid for 3 years after activation. Keep it in a secure location even after you stop claiming benefits. If you need to reopen or file a new claim, your benefits will be deposited on the same card.
You May Like: What Is The Tax Rate On Unemployment
What Happens If I Destroy Or Lose My Debit Card
If your Kansas debit card is lost or stolen, call Bank of America at 1.844.484.0046.
When prompted by the auto attendant, choose Lost or Stolen from the automated menu.
You do not need to have your old card number or speak to a representative.
Your old card will be canceled and a replacement card will be mailed to you.
The replacement card will be delivered in 7 to 10 business days from the date you order it.
Furthermore, once you order a replacement card, avoid requesting a second one.
That is because if you place an order for a second card, it will cancel the first card.
This may cause a delay in receiving your payments.
What Do I Do If I Dont Receive A Debit Card In The Mail
First, It takes at least three weeks to process a claim for unemployment benefits and issue payment.
When your first benefit payment is available, you will receive a DOL Debit Card in the mail.
Once you activate the card you can track, use, and transfer your benefit payments.
If you have not received your benefits after three weeks,
Confirm the address on file with the Kansas Department of Labor.
If your address is correct, check the following if:
- You have filed for UI in the past and your previous card is not expired, the funds will be transferred to that card.
- Your previous card is expired, your new card will automatically be issued when the deposit posts.
- You have lost or destroyed your previous card, you will need to call Bank of America to request a replacement.
- It has been over ten days since you filed your claim and you have not received your debit card, contact Bank of America at 1.844.484.0046 or visit prepaid.bankofamerica.com/kdoldebitcard.
Don’t Miss: How To Apply For Unemployment In Nc
Unclaimed Federal Tax Refunds
If you are eligible for a federal tax refund and dont file a return, then your refund will go unclaimed. Even if you aren’t required to file a return, it might benefit you to file if:
Federal taxes were withheld from your pay
You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit
You may not have filed a tax return because your wages were below the filing requirement. But you can still file a return within three years of the filing deadline to get your refund.
How Can I Get Cash From My Debit Card For An Emergency Situation If I Dont Have My Card
Bank of America can assist you with a domestic emergency cash transfer if you need funds from your debit card immediately and are still waiting for your card to arrive in the mail. Refer to Bank of Americas Schedule of Bank Fees page for fee information on emergency cash transfers and other services. To request an emergency cash transfer, you must contact the Bank of America debit card customer service by calling:
Recommended Reading: Can You Get Medicaid If Unemployed
How Long Does It Take To Get Unemployment Money On My Debit Card
The time it takes to get your first payment via debit card depends on where you live. For example, it can take four weeks for someone in Texas to receive their first payment, while recipients in Washington state can expect to receive it about two weeks after being approved for benefits. Your state should tell you when you can expect the payment to be added to your card’s balance.
Once your benefits begin, most states send payments every two weeks after you have certified your continued eligibility for unemployment benefits. This means that you either call into a voicemail system or log in online and answer questions about whether you have been employed, any money that you have earned and whether you have made efforts to find a new job. Every state is different, but in many cases, a deposit will be made within a day or two after you certify.
Option : Log Into Your Account
The first option to checking the balance on your debit card is to log into your account.
Once there, select sign in to your account by clicking the Sign in link.
Next, follow the instructions to enter your Username and password
If you do not remember your Username, click on the Need Username? or Forgot Username link as shown below.
Then follow the instructions to retrieve your username.
You will need your card number and the email address on file to successfully retrieve your username.
You May Like: Do You Have To Pay Federal Taxes On Unemployment
Faq: Bank Of America Prepaid Debit Card
You can choose to have your benefit payments;issued to a convenient and secure prepaid Bank of America debit card. Here are answers to common questions about how the card works.
When will I receive my debit card?
If you havent applied for Unemployment, Temporary Disability, or Family Leave Insurance benefits before, your debit card will be mailed within 10 days after we review your application. The card will arrive before you find out if your application was approved, so no funds will be available.;Benefit payments are only issued to the debit card account if your claim is approved.
If you received a debit card for prior Unemployment, Temporary Disability, or Family Leave Insurance benefits within the past four years, your benefits will be issued to that same debit card account. If the previously issued debit card has expired or you no longer have it, call Bank of America toll-free at 866-213-4074 to request a new one.
Will I get a new debit card every time I apply for benefits?
If you previously received a debit card for a prior Unemployment, Temporary Disability, or Family Leave Insurance claim, your benefits will be issued to that same debit card account. If the previously issued debit card has expired or you no longer have it, call Bank of America toll-free at 866-213-4074 to request a new one.
How long does it take for money to be on my card?
Once;a payment is posted, funds should be;available;on;your debit card within two business days of the payment date.
How To Check The Status Of Your Coronavirus Stimulus Check
If you’re trying to find out the status of your coronavirus stimulus payment, go to the IRS’s Get My Payment page. You can learn whether your payment has been issued, and if it’s coming by direct deposit or mailed check.;
Learn more about the stimulus payments, including whether you qualify for one and what, if anything, you may have to do to get yours.
Recommended Reading: Where Do I Apply For Unemployment Online
Why Hasn’t My Debit Card Been Credited
There are several reasons why an expected payment may not arrive on your debit card. Here are a few of them:
- You failed to activate your debit card. When you received your debit card in the mail, you also receive instructions for activating the card by phone or online. If you didn’t activate your card or didn’t activate it properly, benefits won’t appear in your balance.
- You didn’t certify for benefits. States require you to certify your eligibility for benefits on a regular basis. If you fail to certify for a specific period, you won’t receive a payment. If you forgot to certify, your state may allow you to go back in the system and complete certification for that period. Don’t delay, however, after some time has lapsed, you may not be able to go back and claim benefits to which you were originally entitled.
- Your claim has been questioned or suspended. While this is unlikely, it sometimes happens that your unemployment agency receives information that causes it to suspend your claim while it investigates whether you are still eligible for benefits. In many cases, this happens because you made a mistake while certifying for benefits and answered a question in such a way that would disqualify you from a benefit payment.
Some states have automated phone and online systems that can tell you when a payment has been sent to your debit card. Check the service first to make sure that a payment has actually been issued.
How Can I Get My Debit Card Replaced
If your card is lost, stolen, or damaged, it can be replaced at no cost to you.
If your card has been lost or stolen, you must contact Bank of America at 1-866-692-9374 .
If your card is damaged, you can order a replacement card online by visiting the Bank of America debit card website.
If your card has expired, and you did not have any activity on the card within the last 90 days, or if you have a balance of less than $20, contact Bank of America debit card customer service.
Note: If you have activity on your card within the last 90 days, or if there is a balance of $20 or more, Bank of America will automatically mail you a new card before your card expires.
Learn About The Dua Debit Mastercard
The DUA Debit MasterCard® is a safe and secure method of receiving your Unemployment Insurance benefits. You will receive benefits via the debit card unless you sign up for direct deposit to a checking or savings account. Keep in mind your first benefit payment will always be a paper check. For security purposes, your debit card will be mailed to the address you have on file in an unmarked envelope.
MasterCard is a registered trade mark of MasterCard International Incorporated. These prepaid debit cards are issued by Bank of America, North America, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated.
Please read carefully the following message regarding fees and other important disclosures. The Bank of America Debit Card has no monthly fees, per purchase fees, ATM in network fees, account balance inquiry fees, or charges to call customer service.; Debit Cards are subject to an 85 cent per transaction fee for out of network ATM transactions, a $10 overnight card replacement fee, and international transactions have a 3% fee of the US transaction amount.; The Massachusetts DUA Debit MasterCard is issued by Bank of America.; There is no fee to purchase or activate this card.;
What Is A Direct Deposit Transfer
A direct deposit transfer is done electronically and transfers the money available on your debit card account to your personal checking or savings account. Most can be done fairly quickly. After you receive and activate your card, contact Bank of America either online or by phone, 1-866-692-9374 , or TTY 1-866-656-5913, to set up your direct deposit transfer.
Important Information about direct deposit transfers:
- Direct deposit transfers cannot be performed until you receive and activate the debit card.
- You do not need a checking or savings account with Bank of America to set up a direct deposit transfer to your own bank account with another banking institution.
- Direct deposit transfers can be set up as a one-time transfer or as an automatic recurring transfer.
- A valid email account is required.
- Delays may occur until the next business day if you bank at a smaller institution or if the transfer happens over a weekend when banks are closed.
- This option can be set up by contacting Bank of America either online or by phone, 1-866-692-9374 or 1-866-656-5913 . Do not contact the EDD to set up a direct deposit transfer.
- If immediate access to your funds is critical, you may choose to only have a portion of your benefits transferred to your personal bank account and keep the remainder on your card so those funds are immediately available.
- You may begin, modify, or stop your direct deposit transfer at any time.
- Direct deposit transfers may also be referred to as a funds transfer.
Read Also: How Can I Be Eligible For Unemployment
What Happens To My Debit Card If It Is Mailed To The Wrong Address
The card will be returned to the Bank of America debit card center.
You must contact the Kansas DOL telephone claims center or go online to update your address.
It may take up to 3 business days for this information to update with Bank of America.
You then can contact the Bank of America Debit Card call center at 1.844.484.0046 to request a new card be mailed.
A replacement card will be issued to you. Please keep in mind due to mailing time it can take up to seven to ten days.
How Long After You File Unemployment Do You Get Paid
In order to be paid benefits, you must request payment every week. If you are eligible for benefits, payment will be deposited to an unemployment debit card. After claim processing, payment may take two to three business days to receive from the time you submit your payment request.
Don’t Miss: Do You Need To Report Unemployment On Your Taxes
How Can I Check The Status Of My Application
Due to the impacts of the coronavirus disease , we
- cant process applications normally
For guidance on your situation, find out how youre affected by the coronavirus .
It depends on the type of application.
If you havent heard from us since you applied, see When can I check my application status?
If you applied online
You can check your status in your account by following these steps:
If you applied for an eTA
If you applied for an eTA, you can check your status online.
If you cant use the eTA check status tool
In some cases, like if you lost your approval email, you wont be able to use the eTA status tool. Instead, use the Web form and follow these steps:
- Under Type of application, select Electronic travel authorization.
- Then select Case-specific enquiries.
- Provide as many details as possible.
It can take us several days to get back to you.
If you applied on paper
There are 2 ways you can check the status of your paper application online.
Your status will only show once we start processing your application. There will be a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open it. See How can I check if my application has been received?
When You Will Receive The Card
If you are eligible, we will issue your first payment approximately four weeks after you apply for benefits. You should receive your ReliaCard in the mail within 10 business days after we send your first payment to U.S. Bank. After the first payment, you should receive payment on your ReliaCard account within two business days after we process your payment requests.
If you qualify for unemployment benefits, you will receive a ReliaCard if:
- You do not sign up for direct deposit or you selected debit card as your payment option, or
- You signed up for payment by direct deposit, but there was a problem verifying your bank account information.
Go to Changing Your Payment Option to change how you receive your benefit payments.
Also Check: What Day Does Unemployment Get Deposited In Nc
Kansas Unemployment Debit Card Replacement
If your debit card is lost or stolen, the Bank of America Zero Liability Policy protects you against fraudulent transactions .
Contact the Debit Card Customer Service Center at 1.844.484.0046 to report your card lost or stolen and to request a replacement card.
If the card has been used, the bank will issue the replacement card in the amount of the remaining balance.
If the post office is unable to deliver a Debit Card, it will be returned to the bank.
Contact the Debit Card Customer Service Center at 1.844.484.0046 for help on how to update your address to have a new card mailed to you.