Make A Payment On Your Overpayment
An overpayment is caused when TWC pays you unemployment benefits that you are later found not eligible to receive. Overpayments stay on your record until they are repaid. We cannot pay you benefits if you have an overpayment.
You can now repay your overpayment online by e-check:
- Log on to Unemployment Benefits Services
- Select Make a Payment on Your Overpayment from the Quick Links menu and select the www.repay.twc.texas.gov link
- Log in with your UBS user ID and password
- Select the Bank Account payment method
- Enter the payment amount and review payment summary
- Complete the Customer Information and Payment Information
- Submit payment
- Print the Payment Receipt Confirmation for your records
There is no service fee for submitting your payment online using e-check.
Create A Benefit Programs Online Account
Before you can use UI Online, you must first create a Benefit Programs Online account.
Important: Once you submit your registration, you are not done yet. You will receive an automated email to confirm your account, which includes a link. Select this link to complete your registration. For security purposes, the link will expire within 48 hours.
If you dont get this message in your inbox, check your spam or junk mail folder.
If Youve Exhausted Your Employment Insurance Benefits
If youve exhausted your Employment Insurance benefits and are no longer eligible for EI, you may be eligible for the Canada Recovery Benefit if you meet the eligibility criteria . However, if you worked while on your EI claim, you may be able to establish a new EI claim. To determine your EI eligibility, you should make an EI claim before applying for the CRB .
Don’t Miss: How To File Unemployment In Tennessee
If Youre Moving To Universal Credit From Income
If your income-based JSA claim is ending because youre making a new claim for Universal Credit, youll automatically continue to get the amount of JSA you currently receive, as long as youre still eligible. Youll normally get this for 2 weeks, starting from the date of your new claim.
The Department for Work and Pensions will write to you telling you how this works.
You do not need to pay this money back, and it will not affect the amount of Universal Credit you get.
Information Needed To Apply
Be prepared with the following information before to file your initial claim:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your mailing address, county of residence
- Your Driver License or state-issued ID number
- Employment history:
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all employers for the last 18 months, including the correct mailing address and telephone number for the most recent employer
- The last day worked immediately prior to filing the UI claim
- Amount and date of any payment for severance, vacation, holiday or unused sick pay
- The name and local number of your union hall, if applicable
- Alien Registration Number, if applicable
- Copy # 4 of DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months
- SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in Federal Civilian service in the last 18 months
- Start date and monthly benefit amount of any pension
Don’t Miss: When Will My Unemployment Be Deposited Georgia
Important Contact Information And Links
We strongly encourage you to utilize our online BEACON application to file your claim, which is available online 24/7.
Claimant Phone Number
- To contact a live agent to file a new claim or inquire about an existing claim, please call 667-207-6520, toll free.
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have more than doubled our Claims Center staffing and have further extended hours. Live claims agents are available from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, and on Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Claimants now have the option to call us seven days a week.
- If you call during business hours, you may provide a callback number. When an agent becomes available, the system will call the number and connect you with an agent. You may also be offered the opportunity to connect with a virtual agent to have questions answered by smartphone.
Employer and Agent Phone Number
- The Employer Call Center will be available beginning September 21, 2020 and can be reached at 410-949-0033.
- If you need activating your employer or agent account in BEACON, please contact the Account Activation Hotline at 410-767-8997.
Connect with IVR System to File Telecerts and More
Ombudsman Inquiry Form
To submit an inquiry and reach the UI Ombudsman, please fill out the Ombudsman Inquiry Form and e-mail it to
Who Are Not Qualified To Get Sss Unemployment Benefits
Not all employees who were involuntarily laid off can avail of the unemployment insurance from SSS. As a rule, employees cant get unemployment benefits if the cause of the termination is one of the causes stated under Article 297 of P.D. No. 442 , as amended. These are:
- Serious misconduct
- Seafarers Identification & Record Book or
- Voters ID Card.
If you dont have any of the above-mentioned valid IDs, you can bring the original copies and photocopies of any two ID cards/documents not included on the list, provided that both of them contain your signature and at least one of them shows your photo.
Read Also: Va Total Disability
Certify For Weekly Benefits By Phone
The Telephone Claim Center is available toll-free during business hours to certify:
for New York State residents.
If you have a disability and need help to file your claim, you may allow another person to aid you.
- You must be present each time they help you and use your PIN. You will be held accountable for the actions of your helper.
- You may be subject to penalties, including forfeiture of benefits, if you are not present when your helper assists you.
- Have problems with hearing or speech, or
- Have difficulty using the phone for any reason.
Information You Need To Apply
You will need:
- Your last employers business name, address and phone number
- First and last dates you worked for your last employer. If you worked for your last employer on more than one occasion, provide the most recent employment dates.
- Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked the week you apply for benefits
- Information about the normal wage for the job you are seeking
- Alien Registration number
- A valid Texas Driver License number or Texas Identification Card number
You May Like: Njuifile Unemployment Extension
Your Work Search Responsibilities
To receive unemployment insurance benefits, you must seek work with at least three potential employers each week and maintain a detailed and verifiable record of your work search. If you cannot prove you looked for work, you may be considered overpaid and required to repay benefits.
More Info For Reset Your Ui Online Password As A Claimant
- If you are trying to login into UI Online and last had a claim prior to 7/1/2013, if we have your phone number or email Multi-Factor Authentication will be enabled. If we don’t have your phone number or email on file, you will be required to enter your security question upon clicking the ‘forgot password’ link.
Recommended Reading: Njufile Net Login
How To Apply For Sss Unemployment Benefits Online: 7 Steps
The sudden surge of unemployment brought about by the nationwide lockdown has pushed the Social Security System to work on an online filing system that will fast-track the application process for SSS unemployment benefits.
According to SSS President and CEO Aurora Ignacio, the said online filing system could be available as early as April9 to all the displaced workers due to the pandemic, the total number of which is yet to be accounted for due to the limited workforce of the SSS.
Update: As of June 25, 2020, applications for the SSS unemployment benefits can now be filed online.
If youre qualified to receive SSS unemployment benefits, you may proceed with the online filing of application by following the steps below:
Your Unemployment Benefit Services Password
When you sign up for online services, you will select a User ID and password. Your password protects your identity and privacy. It has the same legal authority as your signature on a paper document. Do not give your password to anyone, not even to a family member or TWC employee. You are responsible for any payment request made using your User ID and password.
If you have a User ID and password from WorkInTexas.com, use that User ID and password to logon to Unemployment Benefit Services. For more about the password requirements, go to Managing Your Benefits Password & PIN.
You May Like: Va Disability Unemployable
Information Required When Filing For Unemployment Insurance Benefits
The following information is needed when filing for UI benefits:
- social security number
- name, payroll address and telephone number of your last employer
- start and end dates of your last job
- whether or not you will receive vacation pay, severance, etc.
- alien registration number
- DD-214 if you served in the U.S. military during the last 18 months
- Verifying your identity by answering security questions
- Standard Form 8 if you worked for the federal government in the last 18 months
- name, date of birth, and social security number of any dependents that are claimed as exemptions on your federal income tax return
- Spouses may be claimed as a dependent if their gross wages were $120.00 or less in the week prior to filing your claim.
- Self-employment does not count as gross wages for dependent purposes.
Fill Out The Online Filing Form
At the top of the page, youll see your mailing address, contact number, and email address connected to your account. Make sure theyre updated. You may click the link provided should you need to make any changes.
Then, fill out the online filing form.
Use the following guide to ensure youll provide accurate answers to the required fields:
- Bank Details. If multiple active savings accounts were enrolled through the Disbursement Account Enrollment Module , simply select your preferred savings account from the drop-down list provided. If you havent registered any savings account yet or you want to use another bank account where you prefer to receive the unemployment benefit, simply click the link provided to proceed with the bank enrollment.
- Employment Category. Choose the employment category you belong to .
- Date of Separation. This must be the date of your involuntary separation as indicated in your termination contract. The date is in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Reason for Unemployment. The reason for involuntary separation must be valid otherwise your application will be rejected. To see the list of reasons accepted by SSS, please see Who are qualified to get SSS unemployment benefits? in the previous section.
- Employer Name. Provided that your SSS account is updated, you only need to select the name of the employer from which youre involuntarily separated from the drop-down list provided.
Once everything is ready, click Proceed.
Apply For Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment Insurance is a benefit program funded by Tennessee employers for workers who have lost their job by no fault of their own. Eligible claims may receive up to $275 per week in benefit payments. Qualified applicants are only eligible for a maximum of 26 weeks of unemployment insurance in a year.
Hours to Apply for Unemployment
Transition To Direct Deposit/paper Check Benefit Payments
Note: The deadline for claimants to use their debit cards is extended to Tuesday, February 1, 2022. To access funds after February 1, 2022, claimants should call the Bank of America Service Center at 855-847-2029.
- May 24, 2021
- Beginning Monday, May 24, 2021, all unemployment insurance benefit payments will be made by either direct deposit or paper check to eligible claimants who have made their selection in BEACON.
- If claimants have been issued a Bank of America UI Benefits Debit Card and cannot locate that card, they must contact the Bank of America Customer Service Center at 855-847-2029 to order a replacement by Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Replacement cards will not be issued after this date.
- On Tuesday, February 1, 2022, Bank of America UI debit cards will be deactivated. If claimants have a balance on their debit cards after that date, they can contact the Bank of America Service Center at 855-847-2029 to access those funds in a different way.
Select Your Preferred Payment Method
For information about selecting your payment method, or to learn more about the transition, see the Direct Deposit of Benefit Payments Frequently Asked Questions.
How To Change Reset Your Ui Online Password As A Claimant
This document has step-by-step instructions to reset your password. These are the steps you need to take:
After successfully completing the MFA verification process, you will need to set a new password.
The password must be at least 8 characters long, contain at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number and 1 symbol.
After saving your password, you’ll be automatically logged in.
Note: If your last unemployment insurance claim was filed before 7/1/2013, you will get the WebCert User or TeleCert User logon screen and will need to follow the instructions starting on Page 7 of this document.
Note: If you no longer can access any of the Verification Methods or if we do not have your contact information on file, you will need to contact the DUA Call Center at to confirm your identity.
Weekly Ui Claim Filing
ArkLine: This interactive voice response system is a quick and easy way to file for your weekly unemployment insurance benefits by using your touch-tone telephone. This system also provides you with updated information and can be used to verify when your weekly claim was processed.
ArkNet: If you currently have a valid Arkansas claim for Unemployment Insurance, you may choose to file for weekly benefits online. To use ArkNet, Arkansas continued claims website, you must have access to a computer, a printer and an Internet connection.
Claim Help: This guide to understanding Arkansas Unemployment Insurance program makes it easy to learn about the filing process for new or additional claim benefits. Locate helpful UI handbooks and other beneficial information about UI claims.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance: This federally funded program provides financial assistance and employment services to jobless workers and the self employed when they are unemployed as a direct result of a major natural disaster, if DUA benefits are made available.
Trade Readjustment Allowances : This specific form of Trade Adjustment Assistance is paid to an eligible adversely affected worker on a weekly basis after he/she exhausts entitlement to regular unemployment compensation, including state and federal extensions.
Recommended Reading: How To Apply For Unemployment In Missouri
Im On Floating Or Furlough Status Can I Avail Of The Sss Unemployment Benefits
No. Technically, furloughed employees are still employees. They may be temporarily off the payroll but they retain their employment rights and can still enjoy some of the company benefits. They are different from laid-off workers who are technically not employees of the company anymore.
Since furloughed employees are still considered employed, they cant be issued the required termination contract and DOLE certificate necessary to be qualified for the SSS unemployment benefits.
Dole Certification With The Attached Notice Of Termination Or Affidavit Of Termination Of Employment
All qualified employees who want to avail of the SSS unemployment insurance/benefits are required to secure a DOLE certification establishing the nature and date of the involuntary separation.
To apply for the DOLE certification, you need the following:
- At least one valid ID . However, most DOLE offices require an original copy and photocopy of 2 valid IDs so make sure you bring an additional ID on the day of your application and
- Either a copy of Notice of Termination of Employment issued by the employer or a duly notarized Affidavit of Termination of Employment . The second one is preferred in case your relationship with the employer didnt end in good terms and theres no way for you to obtain the Notice of Termination of Employment. You need to bring an original copy and photocopy of the document.
- Certification Form .
Once you already have the above requirements, proceed to the following office to file your application for DOLE certification:
- For local employees and kasambahays: DOLE Field or Provincial Office where the company of the employer is located or where the employee resides.
- For OFWs: Philippine Overseas Labor Office where the employer operates or the DOLE Field/Provincial Office where the OFW resides.
As long as the documentary requirements youve submitted are complete, expect the DOLE Office or POLO to issue you the DOLE certification within one day after receiving and verifying your application.
Don’t Miss: Filing For Unemployment In Pennsylvania