How Do I Apply For Unemployment Insurance Benefits
The fastest and preferred method is to file for unemployment insurance benefits online using the Michigan Web Account Manager at michigan.gov/uia. You must first sign in to MILogin to access or create a MiWAM account. For step by step instructions, view the MiWAM Toolkit for Claimants. You may also file by phone at 1-866-500-0017. If you are hearing impaired, TTY service is available at 1-866-366-0004. Please visit the UIA website for the online and telephone filing schedule. Claimants are assigned a day and time to file online or by phone according to the first letter of their last name.
You will need to create a new MILogin for Citizens account before you can create or access your MiWAM account. If you have already created a MILogin account through another department, you simply need to log in and link your MiWAM account before you can access your MiWAM account. You will need to use your personal email address for MILogin for Citizens.
Employment Insurance Telephone Information Service
The Employment Insurance Telephone Information Service is an automated telephone service that provides general and more specific information on the EI program. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When you call, you can use self-service options to:
- submit electronic reports
- get information on benefits, including your specific claim
To get more information or make changes to your claim, you may speak with an EI representative during business hours.
For information about Canada Emergency Response Benefit claims filed with Service Canada, please also contact this telephone service. Please note that the period to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit is now closed.
To access information about your claim, you will need your SIN and access code, which you will find on the benefit statement that is mailed to you after you apply for benefits.
The hours of operation are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm local time, Monday to Friday.
Average wait times
Our service standard is to answer your call within 10 minutes. Please see below for our average wait times for the week of September 6, 2021.
This is the average length of time that callers wait in queue before speaking to an agent.
Protecting your information
You now need to show valid ID and answer verification questions at Service Canada Centres to access your file.
Examples of accepted ID include:
My Application For Dole Certification Has Been Denied/rejected Why
There are plenty of reasons why DOLE may refuse to issue you a certification. Here are the most common ones:
- You were terminated but your employer didnt issue you a termination contract
- You were terminated due to redundancy, retrenchment/downsizing, business closure, etc. but your employer failed to declare it to DOLE prior to giving you the termination contract
- You were terminated due to serious misconduct or other reasons stated under Article 297 of P.D. No. 442
- You resigned from your job and the same is stated in your termination contract
- Your termination contract contains wrong information/typographical error/spelling errors
- Youre applying for DOLE certification more than a year after the date of your termination .
Also Check: Bankofamerica.com/kdoldebitcard
I Applied For The Sss Unemployment Benefit And Was Approved However I Got A New Job Within 2 Months After I Was Laid Off Am I Still Qualified Can I Still Get My Unemployment Benefits
If the unemployment benefits were already issued to you but youre rehired within 2 months following your termination, the SSS will simply deduct either its partial or full amount from any future SSS benefit youll claim.
On the other hand, if you applied for the unemployment benefit but havent received it yet when youre re-hired, you can still claim the money provided that your new employer hasnt remitted your first contribution yet. Likewise, the amount of your claimed benefits will be deducted from your future SSS benefits.
Benefit Year End Date
A regular unemployment insurance benefit year ends 12 months after the claim started.
You must reapply for a new claim if you earned enough wages in the last 18 months and are still unemployed or working part time. We will notify you when your new claim is processed. This usually takes two to three weeks.
- If youre unsure if you have enough wages as reported by an employer, log in to UI OnlineSM and select File New Claim. We will do one of the following:
- Immediately tell you that you do not have enough wages to establish a new claim.
- Provide instructions on how to submit a new application.
For more information, refer to the unemployment benefit calculator.
If you served in the military, worked for a federal government agency, or worked in a state outside of California within the last 18 months, you must reapply for a new claim by phone, mail, or fax.
You do not need to reapply if you did not earn enough wages in the last 18 months to establish a new claim, regardless of whether you are on a regular claim, a federal extension, or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance . Continue to certify for benefits, and we will notify you when your benefit weeks are processed.
To find your benefit year end date, log in to UI OnlineSMand view your Claim Summary. Your benefit year end date is 12 months after the start of your Benefit Year.
For more information, refer to your Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award for your claim ending date or review Benefit Year End.
You May Like: What Should I Claim For Va Disability
File An Initial Or Weekly / Continued Claim
Welcome to the Virginia Employment Commission Workforce Services Unemployment Insurance claim filing system. In order to file for Unemployment Insurance you must have been separated from your employer or have had your hours reduced.
You should not attempt to file a Virginia claim if:
- Your last employer was a federal civilian employer in a state other than Virginia . The only exception is if you worked as a federal civilian overseas.
- Your employment within the last 18 months was performed in a state or states other than Virginia.
You will need the following information to file your claim:
- Your Social Security Number
- The accurate employer names, addresses, telephone numbers and dates of employment within the last 18 months.
- The name and local number of your local union hall, if you obtain work through a union.
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a US citizen.
- If you have any Non-Virginia employers you must have an accurate mailing address, phone number, and dates of employment for them.
- You will be asked to select a method of payment: VA Debit Card or Direct Deposit. If you select Direct Deposit, you will need to have your Routing Number and your Account Number .
If you do not have this information available, please gather it before you begin to file your claim. This site is available seven days a week. The filing process takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. Please allow enough time to complete this process.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
Apply Online By Phone Or Mail
- Apply online anytime between 12:00am on Sunday through 6:00pm on Friday.
- Apply by phone, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.1 600-2722
- Submit a claim by mail. Download the Arizona Initial Claim for Unemployment InsuranceUB-105).
- Attention PEUC claimants: The American Rescue Plan Act was signed on March 11, 2021, increasing the maximum benefit amount for PEUC to 53 times an individual’s average weekly benefit amount. PEUC claimants should continue filing weekly certifications if they remain unemployed. No applications for Extended Benefits should be filed at this time.
- If you are participating in the Address Confidentiality Program , you must list your own phone number when filing an Unemployment Insurance claim so DES can contact you directly. Please do not use the ACP phone number.
DES is analyzing changing state and federal guidance and updating its eligibility requirements accordingly. These requirements may continue to change as the government response to COVID-19 evolves.
Applicants are also automatically registered with Arizonas largest jobs database, Arizona Job Connection . By completing their registration, job seekers can create a digital resume, search for jobs, and get matched with hiring employers.
You May Like: What Ticket Number Is Pa Unemployment On
What Are Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment benefits provide you with temporary income when you lose your job through no fault of your own. The money partly replaces your lost earnings and helps you pay expenses while looking for new work. The benefits, from taxes your former employer paid, are not based on financial need. While you receive benefits, your job is to get back to work as quickly as possible.
Important Contact Information And Links
We strongly encourage you to utilize our online BEACON application to file your claim, which is available online 24/7.
Claimant Phone Number
- To contact a live agent to file a new claim or inquire about an existing claim, please call 667-207-6520, toll free.
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have more than doubled our Claims Center staffing and have further extended hours. Live claims agents are available from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, and on Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Claimants now have the option to call us seven days a week.
- If you call during business hours, you may provide a callback number. When an agent becomes available, the system will call the number and connect you with an agent. You may also be offered the opportunity to connect with a virtual agent to have questions answered by smartphone.
Employer and Agent Phone Number
- The Employer Call Center will be available beginning September 21, 2020 and can be reached at 410-949-0033.
- If you need activating your employer or agent account in BEACON, please contact the Account Activation Hotline at 410-767-8997.
Connect with IVR System to File Telecerts and More
Ombudsman Inquiry Form
Important Information Concerning Your Account For Online Unemployment Insurance Services
What is changing and how does that affect me?
You have established a claim for Unemployment Insurance benefits with the Virginia Employment Commission. If you filed on line, your account would have been established through vawc.virginia.gov
This notice is to advise you of a change in our online UI claim process. Your claim for unemployment insurance is still on file with the Virginia Employment Commission but you will have to take certain steps to continue and maintain online access to your claim.
Auxiliary Aids and Services
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
American Rescue Plan Act Unemployment Insurance Programs
Overview of Programs
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Provides benefits for claimants who are ineligible for regular UI and unemployed due to a COVID-19 related reason. This includes gig workers, independent contractors, the self-employed, and those with insufficient work history.
- Per new USDOL guidelines, eligibility for PUA has been expanded to include:
- Individuals who were denied unemployment benefits because they refused to return to work or refused an offer of work at a worksite that, in either rinstance, is not in compliance with local, state, or national health and safety standards directly related to COVID-19
- Individuals who provide services to an educational institution or educational service agency and are unemployed or partially unemployed because of volatility in the work schedule that is directly caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency and
- Individuals experiencing a reduction of hours or a temporary or permanent layoff as a direct result of the Covid-19 public health emergency.
- Claimants are required to provide proof of their employment in order to be eligible for PUA.
- All PUA claimants will receive an action item in their BEACON portals. Learn more about the proof of employment requirement.
- The PUA program will end in Maryland on Saturday, September 4, 2021.
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation
Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation Program
No Gap in Benefit Eligibility or Delay in Payment
Also Check: Sign Up For Unemployment In Ohio
Last Worked For A Temporary Agency
To be eligible for benefits, each time you complete a full-time or part-time assignment for a temporary help agency you must:
- Contact the temporary help agency according to the agency guidelines no later than the next business day.
- Allow the temporary help agency three business days after your last assignment ends to offer you a new assignment before you apply for benefits. Waiting three days does not apply if you have an active claim and are submitting payment requests.
Temporary help agencies are required to tell you the following:
- You must contact the temporary help agency immediately after the completion of each assignment to receive another assignment.
- You may not qualify for unemployment benefits if you do not follow all of the temporary help agencys procedures.
Apply for benefits in one of two ways:
Im On Floating Or Furlough Status Can I Avail Of The Sss Unemployment Benefits
No. Technically, furloughed employees are still employees. They may be temporarily off the payroll but they retain their employment rights and can still enjoy some of the company benefits. They are different from laid-off workers who are technically not employees of the company anymore.
Since furloughed employees are still considered employed, they cant be issued the required termination contract and DOLE certificate necessary to be qualified for the SSS unemployment benefits.
Recommended Reading: Www Njuifile Net 1099 Form
Ive Been Temporarily Laid Off Am I Qualified To Get Sss Unemployment Benefits
Yes. Layoffs involve employees who have lost their jobs due to reasons not related to their actual job performances. In other words, its an involuntary separation from work, thereby making them qualified to avail of the unemployment benefits. Layoffs can either be temporary or permanent but in both cases, the employees are already considered jobless without all the company benefits they used to enjoy.
Although temporary layoff is a good enough reason to receive the unemployment benefits, your application will still be subjected to a meticulous review by an SSS representative. Therefore, make sure you can present all the necessary documents that will prove the nature of your unemployment.
Establish & Change Payment Options
When you apply for benefits, TWC offers you one of two ways to get your benefit payments:
- Direct deposit, which is direct payment into your personal checking or savings account in a United States bank or credit union
- Debit card, which is issued by the TWC-contracted bank
TWC will deposit payments to the TWC debit card account unless you sign up for direct deposit.
If you signed up for direct deposit on a prior claim, TWC will use the checking or savings account information you previously provided.
To select or change your payment option online or by phone:
- Log on to ui.texasworkforce.org and select Payment Option from the Quick Links menu.
I Already Filed My Application But Havent Received The Benefit Yet How Can I Check The Status Of My Sss Unemployment Benefit
SSS wont send you a notification indicating that the money has been sent to your account. What you can do is wait for 5 to 10 days for the money to reflect in your bank account. You may also check your My.SSS account to see if the unemployment benefit has already been processed and delivered. Otherwise, you may contact SSS via email , hotline , call center , or any of their social media channels.
Your Unemployment Benefit Services Password
When you sign up for online services, you will select a User ID and password. Your password protects your identity and privacy. It has the same legal authority as your signature on a paper document. Do not give your password to anyone, not even to a family member or TWC employee. You are responsible for any payment request made using your User ID and password.
If you have a User ID and password from WorkInTexas.com, use that User ID and password to logon to Unemployment Benefit Services. For more about the password requirements, go to Managing Your Benefits Password & PIN.
Recommended Reading: How To Get An Extension On Unemployment
Apply For Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment Insurance is a benefit program funded by Tennessee employers for workers who have lost their job by no fault of their own. Eligible claims may receive up to $275 per week in benefit payments. Qualified applicants are only eligible for a maximum of 26 weeks of unemployment insurance in a year.
Hours to Apply for Unemployment