Information Required When Filing For Unemployment Insurance Benefits
The following information is needed when filing for UI benefits:
- social security number
- name, payroll address and telephone number of your last employer
- start and end dates of your last job
- whether or not you will receive vacation pay, severance, etc.
- alien registration number
- DD-214 if you served in the U.S. military during the last 18 months
- Verifying your identity by answering security questions
- Standard Form 8 if you worked for the federal government in the last 18 months
- name, date of birth, and social security number of any dependents that are claimed as exemptions on your federal income tax return
- Spouses may be claimed as a dependent if their gross wages were $120.00 or less in the week prior to filing your claim.
- Self-employment does not count as gross wages for dependent purposes.
How To Apply For Unemployment Benefits In Florida
- If you have been separated from work, you can file your initial claim during your first week of total or partial unemployment.
- You can file your first claim in one of the two ways: by calling the TeleClaim Center or visiting a One-Stop Career Center close to you. Unluckily, you cannot file an initial claim online at this time.
- Have your entire information ready before filing your claim.
- If you have received severance pay upon your separation from work, you may still be eligible for unemployment benefits, so it is still important to call to file your initial claim during your first week of total or partial unemployment.
- If eligible for unemployment benefits, you can expect to receive your first payment in 3-4 weeks if there are no issues with your claim.
- In general, it takes approximately 3 weeks to process a claim however, you will still need to claim benefits every week.
What You Need To Know
Important Update: As of September 5, 2021, several federal unemployment benefit programs, including PUA, PEUC, EB, and FPUC, have expired, per federal law. For more information, visit dol.ny.gov/fedexp.
- To collect regular unemployment insurance benefits, you must be ready, willing, and able to work.
- Anyone calling from DOL will verify their identity by providing: the date you filed your application and the type of claim.
- You will receive all benefits you are entitled to, including any backdated payments you are due.
If you are eligible, your first payment will generally be made in two to three weeks from the time your claim is completed and processed. In some cases, we must get additional information before payment can be made and your first payment may take longer. We use this time to review and process your application for benefits. You will not receive benefits during this period. This is why you may see your claim status as pending.
- New Yorkers who are receiving Unemployment Insurance benefits are eligible for up to 26 weeks of benefits.
Also Check: Unemployment Compensation Phone Number
Fraudulent Unemployment Insurance Activity
With the record number of unemployment insurance claims filed during the COVID-19 pandemic, Maryland, and states across the entire country, have seen an increase in activity by bad actors and fraudsters using illegally obtained data to file fraudulent unemployment insurance claims. Please note that there has been NO breach in our BEACON unemployment system.
If you believe that your information has been used to fraudulently file an unemployment insurance claim, please contact the Division of Unemployment Insuranceâs Benefit Payment Control Unit by completing a âRequest for Investigation of Unemployment Insurance Fraudâ form and e-mailing it to .
If you received a 1099-G tax form, but did not apply for unemployment insurance benefits in Maryland in 2020, then please complete this Affidavit form and submit it along with picture ID to the Benefit Payment Control Unit by e-mailing .
If you are an employer and believe a fraudulent claim has been charged to your account, please file a benefit charge protest through your employer portal.
If you believe fraudulent transactions have been made on your Bank of America Debit Card, please contact the Debit Card Customer Service Center at 1-855-847-2029 to file a report and request a replacement card.
Avoid Scams on Social Media
Links to the Maryland Department of Laborâs official government agency social media pages can be found below:
Identity Theft Resources
Transition To Direct Deposit/paper Check Benefit Payments
Note: The deadline for claimants to use their debit cards is extended to Tuesday, February 1, 2022. To access funds after February 1, 2022, claimants should call the Bank of America Service Center at 855-847-2029.
- May 24, 2021
- Beginning Monday, May 24, 2021, all unemployment insurance benefit payments will be made by either direct deposit or paper check to eligible claimants who have made their selection in BEACON.
- If claimants have been issued a Bank of America UI Benefits Debit Card and cannot locate that card, they must contact the Bank of America Customer Service Center at 855-847-2029 to order a replacement by Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Replacement cards will not be issued after this date.
- On Tuesday, February 1, 2022, Bank of America UI debit cards will be deactivated. If claimants have a balance on their debit cards after that date, they can contact the Bank of America Service Center at 855-847-2029 to access those funds in a different way.
Select Your Preferred Payment Method
For information about selecting your payment method, or to learn more about the transition, see the Direct Deposit of Benefit Payments Frequently Asked Questions.
You May Like: How To Claim Unclaimed Unemployment Benefits
How Do I Check The Status Of My Unemployment Claim In Hawaii
Claimes can now check the status of their claims using a new website created by the state Department of Labor and Industrial Relations. U.S. residents can find the website https://huclaims2020 on the internet. hawaii. Government website of the United States. As soon as the last name, email address, and Social Security number are entered, a claim will be processed.
Your Unemployment Benefit Services Password
When you sign up for online services, you will select a User ID and password. Your password protects your identity and privacy. It has the same legal authority as your signature on a paper document. Do not give your password to anyone, not even to a family member or TWC employee. You are responsible for any payment request made using your User ID and password.
If you have a User ID and password from WorkInTexas.com, use that User ID and password to logon to Unemployment Benefit Services. For more about the password requirements, go to Managing Your Benefits Password & PIN.
Recommended Reading: Tn Unemployment Benefits Application
Your Work Search Responsibilities
To receive unemployment insurance benefits, you must seek work with at least three potential employers each week and maintain a detailed and verifiable record of your work search. If you cannot prove you looked for work, you may be considered overpaid and required to repay benefits.
File An Initial Or Weekly / Continued Claim
Thank you for visiting the Virginia Employment Commission. The VEC is currently accepting claims and weekly claims by telephone only at this time.You can file a claim using the IVR by calling 1-866-832-2363 or file a weekly claim by calling 1-800-897-5630.
Welcome to the Virginia Employment Commission Workforce Services Unemployment Insurance claim filing system. In order to file for Unemployment Insurance you must have been separated from your employer or have had your hours reduced.
You should not attempt to file a Virginia claim if:
- Your last employer was a federal civilian employer in a state other than Virginia . The only exception is if you worked as a federal civilian overseas.
- Your employment within the last 18 months was performed in a state or states other than Virginia.
You will need the following information to file your claim:
- Your Social Security Number
- The accurate employer names, addresses, telephone numbers and dates of employment within the last 18 months.
- The name and local number of your local union hall, if you obtain work through a union.
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a US citizen.
- If you have any Non-Virginia employers you must have an accurate mailing address, phone number, and dates of employment for them.
- You will be asked to select a method of payment: VA Debit Card or Direct Deposit. If you select Direct Deposit, you will need to have your Routing Number and your Account Number .
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
Recommended Reading: File For Unemployment Tennessee
Important Contact Information And Links
We strongly encourage you to utilize our online BEACON application to file your claim, which is available online 24/7.
Claimant Phone Number
- To contact a live agent to file a new claim or inquire about an existing claim, please call 667-207-6520, toll free.
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have more than doubled our Claims Center staffing and have further extended hours. Live claims agents are available from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, and on Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Claimants now have the option to call us seven days a week.
- If you call during business hours, you may provide a callback number. When an agent becomes available, the system will call the number and connect you with an agent. You may also be offered the opportunity to connect with a virtual agent to have questions answered by smartphone.
Employer and Agent Phone Number
- The Employer Call Center will be available beginning September 21, 2020 and can be reached at 410-949-0033.
- If you need activating your employer or agent account in BEACON, please contact the Account Activation Hotline at 410-767-8997.
Connect with IVR System to File Telecerts and More
Ombudsman Inquiry Form
To submit an inquiry and reach the UI Ombudsman, please fill out the Ombudsman Inquiry Form and e-mail it to
Create An Online Account At Desncgov To:
- File a claim for unemployment
- Complete your Weekly Certifications
- Check your Claim Status
To help prevent fraud and protect claimant and employer information, DES is increasing security measures for accessing its online benefits system.
ID.me: DES is partnering with ID.me to provide a secure identity verification process for unemployment claimants. Claimants may receive an email from DES notifying them that they must verify their identity through ID.me to access their account and be eligible for benefits. Claimants should click on the link in the email to start the verification process, which can be completed online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Multi-Factor Authentication: When signing into their DES account, individuals may be asked to verify their identity using Multi-Factor Authentication. DES will send a one-time passcode to the email address on file for the account. The user must enter the one-time passcode and their password to access their account.
You May Like: How Do You Qualify For Unemployment In Tennessee
Other Types Of Benefits And Programs For The Unemployed
Federal agencies offer many unemployment education and training programs. They are generally free or low cost to the unemployed.
Self-employment assistance programs help unemployed workers start their own small businesses. Delaware, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, and Oregon offer this program.
Apply Online By Phone Or Mail
- Apply online anytime between 12:00am on Sunday through 6:00pm on Friday.
- Apply by phone, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.1 600-2722
- Submit a claim by mail. Download the Arizona Initial Claim for Unemployment InsuranceUB-105).
- Attention PEUC claimants: The American Rescue Plan Act was signed on March 11, 2021, increasing the maximum benefit amount for PEUC to 53 times an individual’s average weekly benefit amount. PEUC claimants should continue filing weekly certifications if they remain unemployed. No applications for Extended Benefits should be filed at this time.
- If you are participating in the Address Confidentiality Program , you must list your own phone number when filing an Unemployment Insurance claim so DES can contact you directly. Please do not use the ACP phone number.
DES is analyzing changing state and federal guidance and updating its eligibility requirements accordingly. These requirements may continue to change as the government response to COVID-19 evolves.
Applicants are also automatically registered with Arizonas largest jobs database, Arizona Job Connection . By completing their registration, job seekers can create a digital resume, search for jobs, and get matched with hiring employers.
Read Also: Unemployment Pa Ticket Number
How Do I Apply
To receive unemployment insurance benefits, you need to file a claim with the unemployment insurance program in the state where you worked. Depending on the state, claims may be filed in person, by telephone, or online.
- You should contact your state’s unemployment insurance program as soon as possible after becoming unemployed.
- Generally, you should file your claim with the state where you worked. If you worked in a state other than the one where you now live or if you worked in multiple states, the state unemployment insurance agency where you now live can provide information about how to file your claim with other states.
- When you file a claim, you will be asked for certain information, such as addresses and dates of your former employment. To make sure your claim is not delayed, be sure to give complete and correct information.
- It generally takes two to three weeks after you file your claim to receive your first benefit check.
Information Needed To Apply
Be prepared with the following information before to file your initial claim:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your mailing address, county of residence
- Your Driver License or state-issued ID number
- Employment history:
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all employers for the last 18 months, including the correct mailing address and telephone number for the most recent employer
- The last day worked immediately prior to filing the UI claim
- Amount and date of any payment for severance, vacation, holiday or unused sick pay
- The name and local number of your union hall, if applicable
- Alien Registration Number, if applicable
- Copy # 4 of DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months
- SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in Federal Civilian service in the last 18 months
- Start date and monthly benefit amount of any pension
You May Like: What Is The Maximum Unemployment Benefit In Minnesota
Important Tips To Ensure Your Application Can Be Processed Timely
Unfortunately, identity theft is a common occurrence. Identity thieves sometimes use stolen identities to apply for unemployment benefits.
To verify your identity, we review your answers to ALL questions. We also verify the information you provide using other data sources. It is very important to read each question carefully and to give an accurate, complete response. Incorrect or incomplete information will result in delays in payments .
Here are some tips:
What Are Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment benefits provide you with temporary income when you lose your job through no fault of your own. The money partly replaces your lost earnings and helps you pay expenses while looking for new work. The benefits, from taxes your former employer paid, are not based on financial need. While you receive benefits, your job is to get back to work as quickly as possible.
Recommended Reading: File For Unemployment In Tennessee
File An Unemployment Insurance Claim
Claimant trainees may claim weekly UI benefits while in approved training by printing, completing, and submitting this form.
** Must open with free Adobe Acrobat Reader to use this form.
Claimant trainees may claim weekly UI benefits prior to beginning approved training by printing, completing, and submitting this form.
** Must open with free Adobe Acrobat Reader to use this form.
How To Apply For Unemployment Benefits
The best and fastest way to apply is online. You can apply by phone, but wait times can be very long. At this time, you cannot apply in person. The steps below will guide you through the process.
Get ready to apply
Reasonable accommodation. Information on reasonable accommodation is available for unemployment benefits customers with disabilities.
Also Check: Www.njuifile.net Espanol
After You File A Claim
Application confirmationYou will get a confirmation email when you submit any kind of unemployment application.
Watch your mail too. We will let you know if your claim has been approved or not. We will mail you a letter to let you know. If you are approved, we will let you know how much money you will get and what to do next.
It is taking us a minimum of four weeks to process regular unemployment insurance claims.
You can check on the status of your claim by logging into our Online Claim System.
Why Is My Hawaii Unemployment Claim Still Pending
Typically, you should receive a report from your employer as soon as youve already qualified for benefits on your reported earnings, regardless of how the report works from your company. Reports of vacation pay are automatically subject to a pending status, as a potential refund could arise due to the employees overpayment.
Also Check: Apply For Unemployment Tennessee
Filing A Weekly Claim
To maintain Unemployment Insurance benefits, you are required to file weekly claims confirming that you continue to meet the requirements to receive Unemployment Insurance.
You must file a claim every week you are unemployed, or underemployed.
The benefit week starts on a Sunday and ends on Saturday.
Learn about Arizonas work search requirements on the work search web page.