On The Go Try Ui Online Mobilesm
You can also use the mobile version of UI Online to quickly view activity on your account anytime, anywhere from your smartphone or tablet.
With UI Online Mobile, you can:
- Certify for benefits.
- See important notifications.
- View all scheduled appointments.
- Get a snapshot of your claim summary including the last payment made, weekly benefit amount, and claim balance.
Note: If additional information is needed to complete an action in UI Online Mobile, you will be redirected to the full UI Online site without having to log in for a second time. If at any time you need to go to the full site for more detailed information, select the Full Site link at the bottom of your screen.
UI Online Help
Once you are logged in to UI Online, you can select the question mark icon or choose the Help link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Technical Support for UI Online Account
Call EDD Technical Support for help with account set up or login issues. You can call 1-833-978-2511 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. , seven days per week, except on state holidays.
Protect the Security of Your Account
Never share confidential information such as your password or Social Security number with anyone. If your account has been compromised, Contact UI.
Browser Compatibility and Pop-up Blockers
For the best experience, use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Additionally, you must disable pop-up blockers to access features of UI Online.
How To Collect Unemployment
This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.There are 14 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. This article has been viewed 286,280 times.Learn more…
Losing a job might stress your finances, but the government provides unemployment benefits to cushion the blow. You can apply for unemployment by contacting your states unemployment office and providing requested information. If approved, you will need to request benefits every week that you are unemployed. As of 2017, unemployment benefits in most states last for a maximum of 26 weeks.XResearch source
What To Do When Your Unemployment Benefits Run Out
If you find yourself in a tight spot financially, unemployment benefits can be a valuable resource. In fact, nearly 50 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits this year as after layoffs and job losses resulting from the coronavirus pandemic.;
While these benefits are great at helping out in a moment of need, its important to remember that they wont last forever. That means its important to put a game plan in place for making your financial situation work for youeven after your benefits end.;
If youre receiving unemployment, or are just looking to stay prepared, here are some smart, actionable steps you can take today to get ahead of your future finances.
Recommended Reading: Does Unemployment Contact Your Employer Every Week
How To File A New Claim
In order to qualify for Unemployment Insurance, an individual should be separated from their job through no fault of their own, be available for work, and be actively seeking work.
To apply for benefits, you will need:
- Last employer’s business name and address
- First and last dates you worked for your last employer
- Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked this week
- Information related to your normal wage
- Alien Registration Number
Note: If this is your first unemployment claim, you do not need to already have a PIN or reset your PIN before you apply. You will set up your PIN during the application process.
How Do I Apply
To receive unemployment insurance benefits, you need to file a claim with the unemployment insurance program in the state where you worked. Depending on the state, claims may be filed in person, by telephone, or online.
- You should contact your;state’s unemployment insurance program;as soon as possible after becoming unemployed.
- Generally, you should file your claim with the state where you worked. If you worked in a state other than the one where you now live or if you worked in multiple states, the state unemployment insurance agency where you now live can provide information about how to file your claim with other states.
- When you file a claim, you will be asked for certain information, such as addresses and dates of your former employment. To make sure your claim is not delayed, be sure to give complete and correct information.
- It generally takes two to three weeks after you file your claim to receive your first benefit check.
Recommended Reading: How To Get My Unemployment
How Unemployment Works In Connecticut
Apply Online By Phone Or Mail
- Apply online anytime between 12:00am on Sunday through 6:00pm on Friday.
- Apply by phone, Monday through Friday, ;7 a.m. – 6 p.m.1 600-2722
- Submit a claim by mail. Download the;Arizona Initial Claim for Unemployment InsuranceUB-105).
- Attention PEUC claimants: The American Rescue Plan Act was signed on March 11, 2021, increasing the maximum benefit amount for PEUC to 53 times an individual’s average weekly benefit amount. PEUC claimants should continue filing weekly certifications if they remain unemployed. No applications for Extended Benefits should be filed at this time.
- If you are participating in the Address Confidentiality Program , you must list your own phone number when filing an Unemployment Insurance claim so DES can contact you directly. Please do not use the ACP phone number.
DES is analyzing changing state and federal guidance and updating its eligibility requirements accordingly. These requirements may continue to change as the government response to COVID-19 evolves.
Applicants are also automatically registered with Arizonas largest jobs database, Arizona Job Connection . By completing their registration, job seekers can create a digital resume, search for jobs, and get matched with hiring employers.
You May Like: How To Get Paid From Unemployment
How To File For Unemployment Benefits Online In Every State
Unemployment benefits can be a much-needed lifeline if youve lost your job or face reduced hours. The system allows you to receive financial assistance as you look for a new job, helping you make ends meet until then.
As millions of people face layoffs and work reductions due to COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus, theyre filing for unemployment benefits in massive numbers. The sheer number of people is clogging up phone lines and offices, which means the best and easiest way to claim unemployment benefits quickly is to use your states website.
Unfortunately, many state-run unemployment benefits are not particularly intuitive or easy to use. Thats where we come in: Digital Trends has looked through the unemployment benefits sign-up website for every single state and put together a quick guide to getting to the application page, along with what documentation youll need and any helpful tips.
How To File For Unemployment Benefits Online In New York
Where to claim:; to get to the new claims page on the New York Department of Labor website.
The fine print: In order to be eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits from the State of New York, you must:
- Have lost employment through no fault of your own
- Have enough prior earnings from employment to establish a claim
- Be ready, willing, and able to work immediately
- Be actively seeking work and keep a record of your effort
One crucial note from the website: If you are not sure if you qualify, you should still apply as soon as possible. We will determine if you are eligible. For more information about eligibility, please see Chapter 2 of our claimant handbook at www.labor.ny.gov/uihandbook.
What youll need:
- Your New York State drivers license or Motor Vehicle Identification card number
- Your complete mailing address and zip code
- Your phone number
- Your Alien Registration card number
- Names and addresses of all your employers for the last 18 months, including those in other states
- Employer Registration Number or Federal Employer Identification Number of your most recent employer
- Your copies of forms SF8 and SF50, if you were a federal employee
- Your most recent separation form , if you were in the military
You May Like: How Do I Receive My Unemployment Money
Create New Income With A Side Hustle
Finding a job can be challenging, especially when unemployment rates are high. Starting a side hustle can be an easier way to start generating some income when youre not working a regular 9 to 5.;
The best part is that there are plenty of side hustles you can do from home. For example, you might be able to make money by:
- Freelance writing
- Starting a website or blog
- Selling things on eBay or Amazon
- Doing online typing jobs
There are also plenty of side hustles you can do to make money outside of your house. You could become a dog walker, for example, or make extra cash mowing lawns. And theres always demand for delivery side hustle jobs, like being an Instacart shopper or a DoorDash delivery person.;
The game plan: Consider starting a side hustle! And when comparing options, think about how much you might be able to make versus the skills needed and the amount of time required. Experimenting with a few different side hustle ideas could ultimately help you find the right one for you.
Looking for tips on side hustles you can do from home?
How To File For Unemployment Benefits Online In Kentucky
Where to file a claim: to get to the new claims page on the Kentucky Career Center website. Youll first need to ; youll need a valid email address to do so. Basic instructions for navigating the system are here.
The fine print: Kentuckys online system is available during the following hours: Mondays to Fridays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET. It is processing claims based on last names on the following days: Sundays, last names that start with the letter A-D; Mondays, E-H; Tuesdays, I-L; Wednesdays, M-P; Thursdays, Q-U; Fridays, V-Z and those who missed their days earlier in the week.
Kentucky also has COVID-19-specific information here.
What youll need: Be sure to have the following on hand before you start your application:
Recommended Reading: How To Apply For Unemployment In Nc
How To File For Unemployment Benefits Online In Nebraska
Where to claim: You can file your claim online here. Youll need to create an account first, which you can do by scrolling down the login page to the section labeled Option 3 Create a user account.
The fine print: You must have earned at least $4,324 during your base period, with at least $1,850 in one quarter and $800 in another. Until May 2, Nebraska is waiving the normal requirement to be seeking work.
What youll need:
- Address, telephone number, and email address
- Drivers license or ID number
- Addresses of employers over the last 18 months
- Dates you worked for those employers, and reasons for leaving
- If not a U.S. citizen, your employment authorization number
- If you served in the military in the last 18 months, your Military DD-214 Member 4 form
Certify For Weekly Benefits By Phone
The Telephone Claim Center is available toll-free during business hours to certify:
;for New York State residents. PLEASE NOTE: If you are receiving PUA benefits and you want to certify by phone, you should call a different number. See the PUA weekly certification instructions.
If you have a disability and need help to file your claim, you may allow another person to aid you.
- You must be present each time they help you and use your PIN. ;You will be held accountable for the actions of your helper.
- You may be subject to penalties, including forfeiture of benefits, if you are not present when your helper assists you.
- Have problems with hearing or speech, or
- Have difficulty using the phone for any reason.
You May Like: Do You Have To Pay Federal Taxes On Unemployment
File For Unemployment Benefits
If you recently lost your job through no fault of your own, are unable to work due to a natural disaster or quit for good cause related to the work or the employer, you may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits. Eligible claimants may receive up to 20;weeks of unemployment insurance benefits through the state.Before applying, check to see if you qualify for unemployment benefits.
Applicants must also register at Jobs.mo.gov.
How to file a claim
How To File For Unemployment Benefits Online In North Carolina
Where to claim: to get to the claims page on the North Carolina Department of Commerce website.
The fine print: North Carolinas Department of Commerce lists four things that youll need in order to qualify for benefits:
- You must be unemployed due to no fault of your own ;
- You must have earned sufficient wages in order to file a claim
- You must be physically able, available, and actively seeking work
- You must register for work with NCWorks Online.
What youll need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Details from your most recent employer about separation, vacation, or severance pay you received, will receive, or are entitled to receive
- Details regarding any retirement pay
- Your bank routing number and account number if you would like unemployment payments directly deposited into your bank account. If you do not select direct deposit, payment will be placed on a DES-issued debit card
- Your work history for the past two years
- If you served in the military at any point over the past 18 months, youll need your DD-214 form
- Your SF-50 or SF-8 form if youre a federal civilian employee
- If youre a member of a union, the name and phone number of your local union hall
- Non-citizens will need to provide their Alien Registration Number and scans of documentation
How To File For Unemployment Benefits Online In Georgia
Where to file a claim: to get to the new claims page at Georgia Department of Labor.
The fine print: If you live in Georgia, you must also register for employment services at EmployGeorgia after filing your claim.
What youll need: Be sure to have the following on hand before you start your application:
- Your Social Security number
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers for all jobs for the last 18 months
- Your banking information if you wish to receive benefits through direct deposit
Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Requirements
To collect unemployment insurance benefits in Connecticut, you must meet all eligibility requirements.
- You must meet the monetary requirement by having earned sufficient wages during your base period.
- You must have lost your last job through no fault of your own. You may be disqualified from receiving benefits if you were terminated for misconduct or illegal activities, among other reasons.
- You have to be physically and mentally able to work and also be available to work. This means you must not have any child or dependent care issues and that you have adequate means of transportation to get to and from a job.
- You must be registered with the American Job Center. This is the states employment services agency that will assist you with finding another job.
- You must actively seek work by making reasonable efforts to find employment each week.
- You may be exempted from this requirement if you are participating in approved training.
- You must participate in selected reemployment services if you are selected to do so.
- You must file weekly claims as directed.
- If you are not a US citizen, you must be in legal alien status now and during the time that you earned your base period wages.; You will need to present proof of satisfactory legal alien status as part of the new claim process.
- You will need to keep a weekly record of your job search efforts and maintain the record for as long as you are drawing benefits so that you can substantiate your claim if asked to do so.