When You Will Receive The Card
If you are eligible, we will issue your first payment approximately four weeks after you apply for benefits. You should receive your ReliaCard in the mail within 10 business days after we send your first payment to U.S. Bank. After the first payment, you should receive payment on your ReliaCard account within two business days after we process your payment requests.
If you qualify for unemployment benefits, you will receive a ReliaCard if:
- You do not sign up for direct deposit or you selected debit card as your payment option, or
- You signed up for payment by direct deposit, but there was a problem verifying your bank account information.
Go to Changing Your Payment Option to change how you receive your benefit payments.
My New Debit Card Has Been Reissued But There Are No Funds On The Card Where Is My Money
If you receive a new card, it does not indicate that a new claim has been filed or reopened, or that you are currently eligible to receive additional benefit payments. If you have recently filed or reopened a claim for benefits and have questions about the status of your claim, call one of the toll-free numbers provided at Contact EDD.
If you suspect fraud on your debit card account, you should call Bank of America immediately at the number listed on the back of your card.
Types Of Primary Identification Needed At A Branch
Primary identification is any current, valid government-issued identification with photo and signature. Some examples of government-issued photo identification include:
- A valid driver’s license
- Note: Several states, such as Indiana, provide residents with a temporary, interim ID when they apply for new or renewed drivers licenses. An interim driver’s license of this type is valid for a short period of time, allowing the issuer time to mail out the permanent license. An interim drivers license is an acceptable form of primary identification, as long as it has not expired and contains both a photo and a signature.
- IDs from the five inhabited U.S. territoriesPuerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, and America Samoaare accepted like any U.S. state ID and are permitted as a primary form of ID.
Read Also: How To Apply For Unemployment In Tn
Can You Transfer Money From The Edd Card To A Bank Account
Once you receive your EDD debit card, you should call the Bank of America via 1-866-692-9374 or TTY 1-866-656-5913 to help you carry out the whole process. You can even contact the Bank of America online and request them to set up the direct deposit. When setting up direct deposit for your EDD card, you need
- A debit card
- An active email account.
- The bank account and routing number for the account where you want to transfer the funds.
Once BofA completes the direct deposit process, you can then transfer funds to your bank account online. One can send money with a checking account number instantly to other account holders of your bank once the balance reflects in your bank account.
Furthermore, with money in a checking account, you can pay bills, recharge other cards, send them to mobile wallets, and so on. You can download the BofA Prepaid Mobile on the App Store or at and create an online account for your EDD card.
You do not need an account with the Bank of America to get the debit card. Moreover, you do not need to have an account with any other bank to receive the card. That means you can decide to use the card independently. If you set up a direct deposit, you can modify or cancel it at any time.
How Can I Get Cash From My Debit Card For An Emergency Situation If I Dont Have My Card
Bank of America can assist you with a domestic emergency cash transfer if you need funds from your debit card immediately and are still waiting for your card to arrive in the mail. Refer to Bank of Americas Schedule of Bank Fees page for fee information on emergency cash transfers and other services. To request an emergency cash transfer, you must contact the Bank of America debit card customer service by calling:
Recommended Reading: Tn Unemployment Benefits Application
How To Link Your Checking Account To Your Edd Debit Card
After you have taken out your money and deposited it at your financial institution, visit Bank of Americas website and link your checking account to the debit card.
An important point to note is that neither Bank of America nor the EDD informs you that your EDD Visa debit card account number is your card number and your password is the last six digits of the card number. Thatâs because BofA wants to make it very inconvenient for you to link your bank account to the debit card. The longer your money sits in the bankâs money vaults, the more interest BofA receives from the Fed. Disgusting.
Access your account and input your financial institution information. You can choose to set up automatic transfers, which still takes up to two or three days. So, if possible, try to drive to a BofA branch and take out the cash immediately.
Note: If you need your money immediately, do not link your checking account to the debit card and transfer funds immediately, as this process takes two to three days. Your money will sit in BofAs money vaults, and the Fed will pay interest to the bank on your money. BofA will also be able to loan out a percentage of your money, charging high interest rates and loan origination fees, and maybe even write another shoddy mortgage loan.
If You Can, Go Into a Branch and Request Your Money in Person
Get To Know Your Benefits
Your MoneyLion Debit Mastercard gives you access to some powerful perks, including Price Protection.7 If you find a lower price within 90 days of an eligible purchase, you can get a refund for the difference up to $250 per claim, 4 times per year. Learn more, including how to submit a refund claim,here.
You can explore all your included Mastercard services in the Guide to Mastercard benefits, including sophisticated identity theft protection with dark web monitoring, Zero Liability protection against unauthorized purchases,8Extended Warranty Coverage, and much more.
Recommended Reading: Va Total Disability
Money Transfer Mistakes To Avoid
While sending money to other bank accounts is often necessary, there are certain things that you should avoid doing, including the following:
- Sending to the wrong account
- Sending the wrong amount
- Not making sure there is enough money in the source account
- Trying to cancel a transfer when its too late
Before you transfer money from one account to another, make sure that all information is accurate and up-to-date. Also, ensure that there are enough funds in the source account in order to avoid overdraft fees. And be certain that the transfer should be made, as cancelling a transfer may be impossible if you wait too long.
Sign Up For Direct Deposit Or Receive A Reliacard
Due to potential fraud, U.S. Bank has started freezing Reliacards believed to have been involved in identity theft.
If yours has been incorrectly frozen, please contact U.S. bank. If you believe you are a victim of UI fraud please report it here.
For all new claims, the first payment is usually sent by paper check.
The Employment Department pays benefits electronically either by a U.S. Bank ReliaCard® Visa debit card or direct deposit. If you dont apply for direct deposit, you will be sent a ReliaCard®.
With direct deposit, we electronically transfer your weekly benefit payment into your checking or savings account at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan. To apply for direct deposit you will need your routing and account numbers.
- Use the Online Claim System and select electronic deposit,” or
- Print the Authorization for Electronic Deposit Form and send it to us. Note: Due to our current workload, mailing or faxing these forms to us will delay your direct deposit. Using the Online Claim System is the quickest way to receive direct deposit.
Recommended Reading: How To Get A Disability Rating
Navigate To The Send Money Page And Fill Out Payment Info
Once youre signed up, click on the Send Money option in the menu. You should see a page like in the screenshot above.
On this page:
Account Balance & Transaction History
- Sign up for text alerts
- Hear your recent transaction history
- Report a lost or stolen card and order a replacement
- Speak to a live customer service representative if you need more help
If you have any questions about your ReliaCard or your account, you must logon to www.usbankreliacard.com or call ReliaCard cardholder services at 800-657-6343. U.S. Bank branches, or your personal bank, cannot help you with your ReliaCard account.
Don’t Miss: Tn Unemployment Qualifications
Fund Your Account With 0% Apr Instacash
Use InstacashSM to add money to your account super fast and pay for everyday expenses interest free!
- Step 1: Tap Instacash on the Home screen.
- Step 2: Tap Request
- Step 3: Select amount and tap Get cash now
- Step 4: Review and tap Confirm
- Step 5: Select your RoarMoney account and tap Get my cash
- Est. time: Near real-time to 48 hours, based on funding method chosen
Recommended Reading: How To File For Unemployment In Illinois Online
Protect Your Card Information
U.S Bank will not ask for sensitive account information such as your PIN, password, or account number via e-mail, phone, or text message. Beware of e-mail scams that try to steal your personal banking information by claiming there are problems with your unemployment payment, with your debit card, or with your account.
If you receive a phone call, e-mail or text asking for any such information, forward the note to and then delete the message. If you believe you may have accidentally shared your information, or if you have questions about your debit card, call U.S. Bank ReliaCard customer service at 800-657-6343.
For more information regarding schemes that target debit card users, or to learn how to recognize common scams and what you can do to avoid them, visit:
You May Like: What Day Does Unemployment Pay In Ga
This Is What Occupy Wall Street Was All About
When big banks are allowed to profit from people who are sick, from people who are taking care of sick family members, and from people who are unemployedlargely due to the big banks unethical behaviorsomething is very wrong with our country.
Whats worse is that 99% of Americans are having a hard time changing this, because the 1% has all the money and the power.
Complete Your Bank Details
After clicking next, youll be taken to a page like in the screenshot above. Enter your Receivers details. This will be information like your name, address and account/debit card info.
Click Next. According to the MoneyGram website, many account deposits are completed within minutes, subject to banking hours and systems availability.
Read Also: Who Do I Call To Get Unemployment
You May Like: Weekly Claim Wa
What Is A Ms Eppicard
The Mississippi EPPICard, which is also known as the Mississippi ePayment Card is issued by the state of Mississippi and is used by the Department of Human Services, Division of Economic Assistance Cardholders, Division of Child Support Enforcement Cardholders, and Department of Family & Childrens Services Adoption
Where Can I Withdraw Money From My Unemployment Card
You can use your card to withdraw cash at ATMs, banks or credit unions or by getting cash back with purchases at participating retailers. Funds are automatically deducted from your Key2Benefits card balance. Withdraw cash at any KeyBank or Allpoint ATM at no additional cost to you and surcharge-free.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Permanent And Total Disability From The Va
How To Receive Money To Your Card
Receiving money sent via Western Union® services to your card is easy. You will be asked to register on Western Unions website before using the service.
Follow 3 simple steps below to pick up money directly to your card:
- Choose Receive Money option.
- Log in to your profile.
- Enter your MTCN number, senders name, country, amount and choose a payment card to get your money.
Can I Transfer Money From My Unemployment Card To Cash App
Government-Enabled Prepaid Cards Work on Cash App
This specific type of prepaid card is used for unemployment benefits, economic relief payments, and other government-issued payments. So, a prepaid card you pick up in-store or online will not work on Cash App only those that are mailed to you from the government.
Don’t Miss: Www.njuifile.net Direct Deposit
What Is A Direct Deposit Transfer
A direct deposit transfer is done electronically and transfers the money available on your debit card account to your personal checking or savings account. Most can be done fairly quickly. After you receive and activate your card, contact Bank of America either online or by phone, 1-866-692-9374 , or TTY 1-866-656-5913, to set up your direct deposit transfer.
Important Information about direct deposit transfers:
- Direct deposit transfers cannot be performed until you receive and activate the debit card.
- You do not need a checking or savings account with Bank of America to set up a direct deposit transfer to your own bank account with another banking institution.
- Direct deposit transfers can be set up as a one-time transfer or as an automatic recurring transfer.
- A valid email account is required.
- Delays may occur until the next business day if you bank at a smaller institution or if the transfer happens over a weekend when banks are closed.
- This option can be set up by contacting Bank of America either online or by phone, 1-866-692-9374 or 1-866-656-5913 . Do not contact the EDD to set up a direct deposit transfer.
- If immediate access to your funds is critical, you may choose to only have a portion of your benefits transferred to your personal bank account and keep the remainder on your card so those funds are immediately available.
- You may begin, modify, or stop your direct deposit transfer at any time.
- Direct deposit transfers may also be referred to as a funds transfer.
What Do I Do After I Receive The Card
After receiving the card in the mail, you must call the Indiana Debit Card Customer Service Center at 1-888-393-5866 to activate the card and choose your PIN. You cannot use the card until it has been activated. Cash withdrawals at ATMs require use of your PIN. Again, for security reasons, it is important that you pick a PIN that only you would know. Do not share your PIN or the card with anyone. You should never write your PIN on your card.
You May Like: How To Get Disability From Va
About Government Payment Cards
Many eligible individuals may receive a Government Payment Card in the mail. Several states use these cards to distribute unemployment benefits. Additionally, as a result of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act , some individuals may receive their Economic Impact Payment via the Economic Impact Payment Card.
Government Payment Cards are not linked to your bank account, and they are not credit cards. They are prepaid debit cards onto which a government agency loads funds directly and you can use them just like traditional debit cards.
How Many Hours Can I Work And Still Collect Unemployment
Even if you havent completely stopped working, you may be eligible for partial unemployment benefits. If your hours have been reduced and you havent been able to find additional work, filing for partial benefits may give you the help you need.
Eligibility varies by state. For example, to be eligible for partial unemployment benefits in New Jersey, you cant work more than 80% of the hours normally worked in the job. In New York, you cant work more than four days per week and make more than $504 to qualify for partial unemployment benefits.
Recommended Reading: File For Unemployment In Ok
Will I Be Charged Fees To Use My Debit Card
Fees can be avoided with careful use of your card. When you receive your debit card and welcome packet, thoroughly read your debit card deposit agreement and refer to the Schedule of Bank Fees section to make sure you understand any transaction and service fees that may apply to your card. Fees can be avoided by following the tips provided in the welcome packet.
There are no fees for the following:
- Cash-back with purchases at grocery stores, drug stores, and U.S. post office locations.
- ATM withdrawals at domestic Bank of America ATMs.
- Two free ATM withdrawals per benefit deposit at non-Bank of America ATMs .
- Unlimited teller cash access at any bank or credit union that accepts Visa® cards.
- Unlimited direct deposit transfers to a checking or savings account .
- Unlimited balance inquiries at ATMs and online customer service.
- Unlimited automated and live customer service inquiries.
- Free domestic card replacement.
Fees may apply for the following:
- ATM withdrawals at non-Bank of America ATMs .
- International ATM withdrawals.
- Non-Bank of America ATM transactions by ATM owners who may impose an additional convenience fee or surcharge fee.
- Domestic Emergency Cash Transfer.