Can I Transfer The Money On My Visa Debit Card To My Personal Checking Or Savings Account
Yes. You can do this by phone or by visiting your bank. To transfer by phone:
- Enter your card number and PIN
- Choose option 4 then option 2;
- Enter the transfer amount in dollars and cents using the * key as the decimal point
- Enter the routing and account number where youâd like the funds transferred
- Allow 1-3 business days for the funds to be available in your account. The wait will vary based on your personal bankâs deposit availability policies
- If your transfer fails, you will be notified within 5 business days and the funds will be returned to your debit card account.
To transfer by visiting your bank:
- Make sure the bank where you keep your personal checking or savings account is a Visa Member bank .
- Take your card to your bank teller window and ask that an amount be transferred to your personal checking or savings account.
- Tellers may refer to this process as a âcash advanceâ procedure. The teller will withdraw the funds from the card and deposit them it into your account.
- This withdrawal counts as your free withdrawal and should be entirely free.
- If your bank usually charges you a fee for making deposits in your account, you will still be charged that fee.
- You DO NOT have to go to the bank ATM to make this transaction. In fact, you will be charged a fee for using an ATM at a bank that is not one of the participating bank ATMs . However, you will not be charged a fee for making withdrawals at the bank teller window.
How To Use It And How Does It Work
You’ve been approved for Unemployment Benefits, now what? In most states, the default wayof getting your payment is through a Pre-Paid debit card. This may be a new concept for some,who are used to getting paid through checks or through direct deposit, but never got paid using adebit card, so this concept may seem confusing at first.You can check your state’s handbookto see what other payment methods are available. Some states also offer payment through direct deposit or checks. But in mostcases, if you don’t directly opt-in to one of the other payment methods, you will receive a debit card soon after your claimis processed.
Getting the Card
Using the Card
You can also use the debit card to get gas in gas stations. One thing to note is that in most cases you will not be able to use the card at the pump itself. This is because when you use it at the pump, there is a hold placed on your card which most UI debit cards do not support. Instead, you can go inside and pay at the cashier.
Using the card online
Transferring Funds to Personal Bank Account
In summary, your card works very similar to any other debit card, so don’t be afraid to use it as such. We hope this guide helps you understand how a UI Pre-Paid Debit Card works. Note that some of the above might notapply to your credit card, so check the card’s website for all terms and fees your debit card is subject to.
FOR PARENTS: STIMULUS2021
Can I Get Into Debt By Using The Visa Debit Card
No. Your card is a prepaid Visa Debit Card, not a credit card. You will only be able to spend the amount that is stored on the card. You will not be able to purchase anything with your card that you do not currently have the funds in your account to cover. Use of the Visa Debit Card will have no effect on your credit rating.
Don’t Miss: Do You Need To Report Unemployment On Your Taxes
How Can I Get Cash From My Debit Card For An Emergency Situation If I Dont Have My Card
Bank of America can assist you with a domestic emergency cash transfer if you need funds from your debit card immediately and are still waiting for your card to arrive in the mail. Refer to Bank of Americas Schedule of Bank Fees page for fee information on emergency cash transfers and other services. To request an emergency cash transfer, you must contact the Bank of America debit card customer service by calling:
How Do I Use My Visa Debit Card To Get Cash At An Atm Or Bank
- You are allowed one free cash withdrawal with each deposit to your account at either a participating bank ATM or a Visa Member bank teller window.
- If you have no deposits in the month, you are allowed one free cash withdrawal at a participating bank ATM.
- You can get free ATM cash withdrawals only at;PNC Banks,;or;MoneyPass ATMs.
- When using your card at an ATM, insert the card and enter your PIN.
- Press either the checking or savings button on the ATM.
- Select âCash Withdrawal.â
Don’t Miss: How To Pay Taxes On Unemployment
How Do Unemployment Debit Cards Work
Most state unemployment departments now offer the option of receiving your benefits on a debit card. You can use the card to get cash from ATMs, store checkouts or banks. Many of these cards carry a Visa or MasterCard logo, and you can use the card as you would a credit or debit card online or in stores. While there are often some fees associated with using these cards, there are several ways to minimize or avoid them.
How Do You Cash Out Money From An Edd Debit Card
Since the EDD card is like any other debit card, there are various ways you can cash out your money. The first one is what I have outlined above, whereby you can set up a direct deposit to a bank account. Once the funds are in your bank account, you can then withdraw them over the counter.
You can also cash out your money from any bank that accepts visa cards. You need to visit any bank and withdraw cash over the counter. You can track your transactions from your online account any time you cash out over the counter.
The other option you can get money from your EDD card is by withdrawing at an ATM. There are lots of ATMs countrywide where you can withdraw cash. ATM withdrawals at the Bank of America are free. Also, you can make two free withdrawals per EDD benefit deposit at any non-network ATM accepting Visa cards.
Read Also: How To Get My Unemployment Tax Form
What To Do If You Lose Your Debit Card
What should you do if you have lost or misplaced your unemployment debit card? If your debit card is damaged, lost, or stolen, check the FAQ section of your state unemployment office for instructions on how to get a replacement card. For example, in California, there’s an 800 number to call to get a replacement card mailed to you.
How Will I Know When Money Has Been Deposited Into By Account
You may choose to receive electronic notification that funds have been deposited into your account. You can request the notification to come via telephone or email. You may request telephone notification using the IVR at the time you activate your card or at any time after card activation. Follow the prompts to set up your phone notification preference. For email notification of deposits to your account, go to Set up your web ID and password and enter your email address. Each time a deposit is made on your account you will receive an email notification. Funds are available for withdrawal at 5:00PM the day they are deposited into your account.
Don’t Miss: How To Get My Unemployment
Why Can I Perform A Free Transaction At Certain Banks But Not At Those Banks Atms
You get 1 free bank transaction each time a deposit is made on your card. This free transaction can be EITHER an ATM transaction or a bank teller transaction, but these transactions are only free if they are made at certain banks. The same bank that offers a free teller transaction may not offer a free ATM withdrawal. Free transactions can be made at the following locations:Free ATM withdrawal only at the following locations:
Free bank teller transaction only at the following locations: ANY Visa Member bank IMPORTANT: You can only get a free ATM withdrawal at the above listed ATMs. If you are using a Visa Member bank that is not one of the banks listed above , only bank teller transactions will be free, not ATM transactions.
Five: Follow Additional Instructions From The Prepaid Card Company And Perform The Transfer Online To Your Bank Account
Every prepaid card provider will have a slightly different set of instructions so make sure to follow the instructions carefully.
At any point, if youre unsure of what to do, your prepaid card provider should have a customer service hotline that you can call for help.
Here is an example of the detailed instructions provided by the Key2Benefits Prepaid Card website.
Recommended Reading: What Is Individual Unemployability Through The Va
Lost Unemployment Debit Cards
Unemployment debit cards are issued through banks, which usually have protections in place, just in case your card is lost or stolen. Each state offers a customer support line that can help you through the process of reporting a lost card and fraudulent transactions, as well as request a replacement card.
For instance, according to the North Carolina Department of Commerce, unemployment recipients in North Carolina have cards issued through Bank of America, with zero liability for fraud and a convenient hotline number for card replacements.
How Do I Get The New Visa Debit Card
- You must be eligible to receive unemployment benefit.
- Your card will be sent to you in the mail, after your eligibility determination.
- You should activate your card immediately after you receive it by calling our customer service number and selecting a PIN, as instructed when you receive your card in the mail.
- You may use your card only after benefits have been deposited in your account.
Read Also: How To Contact Unemployment Office
Is Edd Debit Card Free To Use
Most services by card are free. However, there are a few kinds of transactions that you must part with some fees. There are no fees in the following.
- Cash-back with purchases at drug stores,; grocery stores, and U.S. post office locations
- ATM withdrawals at domestic BofA ATMs
- Unlimited teller access at any bank that accepts Visa cards
- Two free ATM withdrawals per each benefit deposit at non-Bank of America ATMs
- Direct deposits transfers
- Unlimited balance inquiries at ATMs or online
- Unlimited live and automated customer service inquiries
- Domestic card replacement
Despite charging nothing for various transactions, the EDD Debit Card may apply fees on the following.
- ATM withdrawals at non-BofA ATMs after the two free transactions per deposit.
Non-Bank of America ATM withdrawals
- Domestic Emergency Cash Transfer.
- International ATM withdrawals.
Reliacard Unemployment Debit Card Faqs
When will I receive my ReliaCard?
Once your state unemployment agency approves your claim, they will contact us and well mail your card within two business days. You should receive it within 10 business days.
You can;check the;status of your card;any time by visiting our;card status tracker.;Its;available for all of our;unemployment;programs except for Arkansas;unemployment. For information on unemployment claim processing or other government benefit payments, check with your state unemployment agency.
How do I activate my ReliaCard?
You can activate your card on the ReliaCard website or the mobile app.
To activate your card via the ReliaCard website, choose Activate Card.
To activate via the mobile app, visit the App Store or to download the mobile app. Then choose Setup Online Access/Activate New Card.
Will my funds be available when I receive my card?
In some cases, you may receive your ReliaCard before the funds are loaded to the card. Your card will be funded two to three business days after your state unemployment agency has approved your claim. You can monitor the status of your claim and payments by checking your states website.
Enroll in Alerts to be notified via text or email when a deposit has been received. Find more information in the;How can I keep track of the availability of funds and other activity on my account question.
How do I access my funds from my ReliaCard unemployment debit card and get cash?
There are several ways.
Why is my account blocked?
You May Like: How To Get Approved For Unemployment In Texas
Four: Link Your Bank Account To The Prepaid Card By Providing The Routing Number And Account Number Of Your Bank Account
To perform the transfer, most prepaid card providers will ask you to link your bank account by entering your bank accounts;routing number;and account number.
Your routing number is a 9 digit number that tells you where your bank account was opened. One place to search for it is at the bottom of your checkbook.
Its also known as your ABA or RTN number.
Make sure you have this ready. If you dont have the routing number of your bank account, check with your banks website.
Most banks have a page where all their routing numbers are listed. Have a look at;U.S. Banks website for example.
How Long Do I Wait For The Edd Debit Card
Once you certify for the benefits, BofA sends you the card during the first week of your benefit payments. EDD approves all the payments made to your card. The card may take up to 5 business days to arrive at the address you provide during the application.
After that, EDD subsequent payments will automatically reflect in your card account as soon as they remit. State Disability Insurance beneficiaries receive the debit card, a payment notification , and a message for the California debit card for Unemployment and Disability Benefits.
Usually, your debit card comes with;
- Information about the card
- Quick Reference Guide, which has customer service and fee schedule information
- California Employment Development Department Card Deposit Agreement containing Schedule of Bank Fees
The bank of America advises you to activate the card immediately when you receive it. You should carefully read all the information that comes with the card to ensure proper activation.
Don’t Miss: Can An Unemployed Person Get Obamacare
Faq: Bank Of America Prepaid Debit Card
You can choose to have your benefit payments;issued to a convenient and secure prepaid Bank of America debit card. Here are answers to common questions about how the card works.
When will I receive my debit card?
If you havent applied for Unemployment, Temporary Disability, or Family Leave Insurance benefits before, your debit card will be mailed within 10 days after we review your application. The card will arrive before you find out if your application was approved, so no funds will be available.;Benefit payments are only issued to the debit card account if your claim is approved.
If you received a debit card for prior Unemployment, Temporary Disability, or Family Leave Insurance benefits within the past four years, your benefits will be issued to that same debit card account. If the previously issued debit card has expired or you no longer have it, call Bank of America toll-free at 866-213-4074 to request a new one.
Will I get a new debit card every time I apply for benefits?
If you previously received a debit card for a prior Unemployment, Temporary Disability, or Family Leave Insurance claim, your benefits will be issued to that same debit card account. If the previously issued debit card has expired or you no longer have it, call Bank of America toll-free at 866-213-4074 to request a new one.
How long does it take for money to be on my card?
Once;a payment is posted, funds should be;available;on;your debit card within two business days of the payment date.
What Happens If You Give False Information To Get An Edd Card
Once the EDD discovers that you gave the wrong information to benefit from the claims, you may be suspended from the program or penalized. You can even face criminal prosecutions that can land you in jail.; Frauds leading to overpayments can see you receive penalties equal to 30% of the overpayment amount.
When Will I Receive My Debit Card
The debit card is mailed to you when your first benefit payment is authorized by the EDD. Allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery. Subsequent payments are issued to the debit card when you submit a certification and you are determined eligible for payment.
SDI Customers who are eligible for benefits will receive the following three to five business days after their claim is approved:
- A payment notification .
- California debit card for Unemployment and Disability Benefits notification.
The following items are in your debit card welcome packet:
- Your debit card
- Wallet-size Quick Reference Guide with customer service and fee schedule information
- California Employment Development Department Debit Card Deposit Agreement with Schedule of Bank Fees
When you receive your card, carefully read all information to ensure proper activation and use of the card. We recommend you activate your card immediately.
How To Sign Up For A Debit Card
- You can sign up for a debit card at the time you apply for unemployment benefits or after youve applied.
- To sign up online, sign into;eServices. Click Settings in the upper right. Then choose Update payment information under I want to;and follow the instructions.
- NOTE:;Your KeyBank prepaid debit card remains valid for three years . Don’t throw it away! Keep your card until the expiration date of the card has passed in case you open another unemployment claim within the 3-year window.
- You can also call the ESD claims center at;800-318-6022; and speak to a claims agent.
Recommended Reading: Should I Have Taxes Withheld From Unemployment Benefits